Tuesday, July 26, 2011

WHY MEDITATION ? WHAT IS THE NEED OF MEDITATION ? WHY DO WE NEED MEDITAION ?, EFFECT OF MEDITATION, MEDITATION IN DAILY LIFE, MEDITATION AS A MEDICINE, MEDITATION FOR MIND & SOCIETY, MEDITATION FOR SOCIAL LIFE, MEDITATION FOR SELF CONFIDENCE

WHAT IS THE USE OF MEDITATION ? or WHY WE NEED MEDITATION ?
People want a variety of things from meditation. some come for peace, others for control, some for power and some for silence, but of all the reasons, the ones which are most often expresed are peace or peace of mind. At first sight there doesn't seem to be much difference between the two but, on closer inspection, we find that they are asking for different things. Peace is simply an experience, whereas peace of mind is a way of life.

While I go about my daily life, I need to be in control of myself to the extent that I can have whatever experience I choose when I choose. To experience constant peace of mind, I need something more than just a meditation technique. After all, in the middle of a dispute with the bus conductor or taxi driver etc - over the change, I can't just sit myself down and spend five minutes deliving into the deep recesses of the self to regain the temporarily-lost inner peace! It is the experience of peace, previously gained through meditation, which I need to be able to use later on in my practical life, expecially at times when it is not easy to be peaceful.  If I can't use my meditation to bring benefit into my daily life, is it really of any use to me ?

Therefore, the emphasis in this meditation course will be a double one:
FIRSTLY : to teach a simple, effective method of meditation called Raja Yoga, and to discuss and experience with ideas on how to depend the experiences gained;
SECONDLY : to look at the reasons behind stress and tension in our life so that, through understanding,
we can begin to change the root cause, using the poer gained through meditation, and also, to discuss how I can translate peaceful feelings into peaceful actions, so that peace becomes peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

YOGA CHART

YOGA CHART
CLICK ON CHART TO ENLARGE

Popular Posts

google-site-verification: googlefad578baf7cc29c2.html